Saturday, June 27, 2009

Oxalates Suck!

It seems like I'm going to have to give the low oxalate diet a try again. Or at least figure out another way to deal with oxalates. After some night time activities with the bf I went to the bathroom and OMG it burned like I haven't felt in a long time! Thank God for cold water. I could also tell things were swollen and my muscles seemed more tense and strained than they should have been. The low oxalate diet is just so boring! No chocolate, no coffee, no strawberries and tons of other fruits and veggies which are actually good for you. I'm going to have to research if you can substitute taking calcium citrate for doing a low oxalate diet, because the calcium citrate is supposed to help absorb or remove oxalates. I've never been very good with the whole diet thing if I don't have some strong underlying objection to the food (ie being a vegetarian). I really also have to work on my PT exercises because that will probably help with the fibromyalgia pain, which is also mostly in my hips, and maybe even my horrible balance and clumsiness. I have a tendency to walk into the corners of walls and furniture. I must look like a total spaz, although I prefer to think of myself as the quirky-clumsy-type girl from a romantic comedy. :-P I just always seem to remember at bad times, like right before I have to leave for work or after I've gotten into bed. Oh well if I want a normal sex life I guess that's what I have to do... Ugh I just want a normal vagina!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Yeah, the low-oxalate diet is so confusing. There's no way to predict whether some random food will be on the list unless you've studied it a lot. Plus oxalates vary depending on how the food is grown...all those lists can be really contradictory, zucchini high on one and low on another.

    I think you can sort of sub in calcium citrate for low oxalates, but I don't really know. Tried both and didn't see a difference so I gave up, but if it works for you let us know.

    I get more irritated after any activity down there whether or not I'm peeing, so for me it seems to be activity in general that sets me off. I'm sorry you flared up! :(

    ReplyDelete