Monday, June 22, 2009

No Lupus!

I went to the rheumatologist today and I don't have lupus! Yay! I don't know why my ANA came back positive the first time, but it was negative this time, so that's good. Bad news I still have fibromyalgia and I've been pretty uncomfortable today after traveling and not sleeping much this weekend. My hips are really sore from being squished while on the plane and prevented me from running today. My knees and ankles are sore too, but not as bad as my hips. I had my Flexeril prescription filled so I'm planning to try that tonight to hopefully alleviate some of the pain and help me sleep. I think I'm also going to have to start sleeping on my back to keep the pressure off of my knees and hips, which sucks because I really prefer sleeping on my side. I'm also going to try to stop crossing my legs so much when I sit for the same reason. In addition I'm going to try to start up the PT exercises I got when I was doing therapy for the VVS. I haven't done them in a while so those might help with my VVS pain and since a lot of them have to do with pelvic floor and hip muscles, maybe my fibromyalgia pain too.
Argh, I hate having such vague and poorly understood conditions. I have no idea why I have VVS or fibromyalgia and they just seemed to come out of nowhere. For a while I thought I might have fibromyalgia because I had so many of the symptoms, except for pain. Then at the start of the year the pain kicked in and hasn't stopped. Why would my body do this to itself? It just makes no sense (well I guess thats the same for all autoimmune diseases, why would your body turn on itself?) I feel like every treatment is an experiment. I just want something that works for the VVS since I've been dealing with it for so long and helping the fibro would be nice too. Hopefully the Flexeril will work at least a little. That would be nice.

2 comments:

  1. Yay no lupus! Sorry about all your pain but at least you've had some good news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete