Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Too Good to be True

I tried the Flexeril the other day and it did work. Man did it ever work! It was almost like taking an Ambien, except it doesn't kick in as fast or make you loopy if you stay up after taking it. The only problem is it works too well. I slept like a rock last night and the night before, which was great, but I was exhausted when I woke up on Tuesday for work. Then today I work later in the day and therefore didn't have to get up early. I slept until 10 and that was only because my boyfriend turned on the TV, I probably easily could have slept later. I've been taking 10 mg, but I might try to split the pill and take just 5 mg, because 10 seems to just be too much! I'll try Thursday night when I don't have to get up for work early the next day. Hopefully that will help me sleep but not totally knock me out for so long. Well at least it does something, which is more than I can say for a lot of things we all may try. I mainly need help with sleep and fatigue. I do have pain but right now its more soreness and discomfort that I can deal with (knock on wood). The fatigue/fibro fog just shuts me down and if its bad enough I have to take a nap or I won't get anything done. It sucks at work since I can't take a nap then and I have to try to keep myself conscious with lots of coffee, which doesn't always work. Has anyone else tried anything that has helped with the fatigue? I'm doing the Flexeril and trying exercise a few days a week, which does help a bit, but sometimes it still breaks through.

No comments:

Post a Comment